Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Melbourne City, Distance learning
Please note: this program is no longer offered to commencing students. Contact us for more study options.
This program trains you to be an industry leader in the design, operation and improvement of supporting operations, maintenance, supplies and other services for complex engineering assets.
This program is designed to meet the needs of the emerging profession of systems support engineering.
Organisations with major assets are developing key positions in this area as they move from traditional maintenance-based approaches to sophisticated, performance-based and cost-effective alternatives.
Professionals in these new roles require extensive knowledge and skills in:
- systems and service design
- evaluating performance-based contracting
- supply logistics development
- system capability enhancement
- asset management
- maintenance, technology insertion and upgrades.
International student visa holders can only study full-time.
The program is designed so that you'll experience:
- an industry led learning environment that draws heavily on case studies from industry partners
- a collaborative approach involving academic educators, researchers as well as industry experts
- an active learning environment where you’ll develop your own case study directly related to the issues you are facing in your workplace
- a holistic approach where you will be introduced to the major elements in the design of support systems for complicated equipment
The program is offered in a flexible delivery mode to accommodate full-time postgraduate students as well as busy professionals. In addition to face-to-face sessions during semesters, students who are unable to attend in class can attend online through RMIT’s Blackboard Collaborate facility. The sessions are recorded for after-session viewing as well. The online facility can also be arranged for student groups to work collaboratively on their assignments.
This Master degree has strong industry support from BAE Systems Australia, Saab Systems and ASC. Industry input provides valuable case studies and assists with the development of course material. Government funding supported the development of the degree, enabling world-renowned professors from the University of Cambridge to develop two courses.
As a graduate of this program, you'll offer highly valued skills and expertise to operators of complex infrastructure and assets in industries such as:
- health equipment services
- ports and maritime
Professional recognition and accreditation
The Master of Engineering (System Support Engineering) qualification can contribute to the grade of Engineering Executive (EngExec), a leadership recognition by Engineers Australia.
Graduates will meet the requirements for Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 9.
Program and course information
Become an industry leader in complex engineering systems
Gain highly valued skills and expertise to operators of complex infrastructure and assets in a range of industries.