As a chemical engineer you will apply physics, chemical and biological sciences to industrial processes.
What is chemical engineering?
Chemical engineering involves designing and developing ways in which raw materials, such as minerals and oils are converted into useful products including petrol, pharmaceuticals, plastics, paper and composites.
It covers the application of physics, chemical and biological sciences to industrial processes.
What do chemical engineers do?
Design and coordinate the construction and operation of manufacturing facilities and processes that convert raw materials into everyday products.
Where do chemical engineers work?
Diverse industries including:
What type of person do I need to be?
- A career in chemical engineering may be for you, if you:
- are able to identify, analyse and solve problems
- have an aptitude for computing and design
- are practical and creative
- enjoy technical work
- enjoy subjects like chemistry and maths.