If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student and want to apply to RMIT, take the following steps.
Step 1: Check out the RMIT programs that interest you
Equity access consideration can be applied to certificate IV, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree and degree programs.
Discover programs in the disciplines that interest you or contact Info Corner to learn more.
Step 2: Apply for programs
Step 3: Apply for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander priority access
Apply using the relevant equity access scheme by the closing date and choose Category 1: Personal information and location.
Equity access scheme
|VTAC application||Apply online for VTAC Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC||1 August 2016||4 October 2016 (5pm)|
Apply online for RMIT Access as part of your online direct application.
14 August 2016
1 December 2016*
* Note: RMIT Access applications will continue to be accepted after the closing date if your program is still accepting applications. However, you are strongly encouraged to lodge your application by the deadline to avoid missing out.
When you submit your application you will be contacted by the RMIT Ngarara Willim Indigenous Centre, who will support your application.
Step 4: Apply for scholarships
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are prioritised for scholarships ranging from material grants, to accommodation and study costs scholarships and a range of Commonwealth scholarships.
Step 5: Get a head start with study and learning advice before your program starts
Attend a free workshop or download online learning resources to assist you with preparing for university life, improve your study, writing and math skills.
Step 6: Go to the Gama-dji indigenous orientation program
- Get off to a flying start before classes start.
- Meet other students and embrace your culture.
- Brush up on your study skills.
- RMIT Gama-dji transition program
Get support throughout your studies
The Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples at RMIT can support and encourage you throughout your studies.
We can help you:
- find out about study options and careers
- apply for programs with priority access as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student
- with tutorial assistance
- meet Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff.
The Ngarara Willim Centre also runs Gama-dji, a fantastic week-long orientation event for new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and organises cultural and social activities throughout the year.